Wednesday, September 16, 2015

1000 days Going Home




                                                                         
Our Homecoming was held on July 12, 2015.  This is a photo of our missionaries that were able to come.  How we loved having them there, and how we missed all the others.  It was a wonderful day.
         
                                                                         
The former Mission President, President Tyler, and his wife came to our homecoming.  It was so fun to talk with them and share mission memories.
         

We will be missionaries forever even without the badges


Coming off the airplane.  We are walking towards our beautiful family.  It was so exciting!  Our grandchildren were cheering, we were crying.  Everyone around us had smiles.
Grandma with Lydia and Kastyn


Grandpa with Seth as he sees all the family


Here's our beautiful family! Everyone was there.  Todd and family came from Colorado.  Best day ever!
When we came home, the kids had the house all decorated.  As we drove down the street to our home, yellow ribbons were tied on all the trees with signs.
                                                                             

                                                                           

Saying Goodbye to all of our missionaries.  We always told the missionaries that they had been called to "The Best Mission in the World!"  Oh, how we love our missionaries!  Such an example to us.  Truly, to be the Best Mission in the World, you have to have the best missionaries, and we did!

When the missionaries left for home,  we cut off their ties.  I am going to make them into a quilt.  This was the last change day, and I cut off President's tie.  

This is just a few samples of tie cutting.  Elder Baez                    
Elder Sagastume

Elder Jimenez
                                                                             
Elder Leask

                                                                                  
Elder Maldonado
After all was considered of the 664 missionaries we must have cut over 300 ties
                                                                           
This is a photo of Richard Chavez.  He is a very talented artist that lives in Callao.  We were visiting his shop and our missionaries walked by.  President called the missionaries in to meet him.  He read the Book of Mormon, was taught by the Elders and.....

Here we are at Richard's baptism.  He was baptized the week before we went home.

This is our dear friends the Hipolito family.  During our 3 years in Lima, we saw Brother & Sister Hipolito and 5 children living at home baptized.  Their married son and family baptized, a daughter baptized and the family was sealed in the temple.  They invited us to their humble home for dinner just before we left.

Brother Hipolito  served such a delicious dinner.  The Peruvians can make the best chicken and rice.  They cook it in special pots in the ground.
                                                                               
Brother Hipolito's son and his family were baptized a few weeks before we left
Elder Soria, Elder Larsen were the our last Assistants.  
Good bye dinner with our Office Elders.  We took them to a smorgasbord dinner and believe me we really got our money's worth.
President listening to the missionaries
Had to take this picture.  It was the last time I washed fruit.  I spent a lot of time washing fruit during our 3 years in the mission.
Last shopping trip to Makro.  We usually went alone but we wanted to make sure the Office Elders knew what we did so they could help the new President.


We moved into our new office 2 weeks before we left.  We were so excited.  It was really nice.  This is the President in his new office.  
Mission President Seminar, our last one.  This picture is of all the Mission President's wives who are serving in the South America Northwest Area in June 2015
Good bye dinner with our two counselors and their wives.  On the left is President Huapaya and wife, on the left President Antay and wife, and of course President and Sister Borg in the center.  
                                                                                 

                                                        My Happiness Collage
                   I've put your pictures on our wall and made a collage for all to see
                   For three years I've seen you each morning and smiled at you each night
                   Every time I pass by, I think of you
                   Grateful for my growing happiness collage

                   I've watched you bloom, flourish and thrive.
                   The new replace the old.  So tall, so handsome, so bright, so pretty, so shy
                   I stop and linger studying each smiling face
                   Grateful for my growing happiness collage

                   I've moved your pictures until they overlap making room for just one more
                   Adding to my collage, newborn babies, Christmas cards and Disney trips
                   I close my eyes.  I am grateful
                   Grateful for my growing happiness collage

                   I've bragged and showed you to the missionaries
                   Telling your stories from back home, braces, plays, trophies and awards
                   I wonder if you know how I pray for you
                   Grateful for my growing happiness collage

                   I've used you for my inspiration.  Pictures of you, mom and dad whisper,
                   Remember what we taught you, work hard but never miss the fun
                   I talk with you as you smile at me, because of you I can be grateful
                   Grateful for my growing happiness collage

                   I've waited for the day I could pack you up and take you off the wall
                   I tenderly take your pictures and put them in a box marked for home
                   Your pictures soon will come to life and I will always be grateful
                   Grateful for my happiness collage.            



Packing for home.  The movers picked up our things 3 weeks before we went home

Putting the boxes on the elevator

I met this little lady while I was sitting in the car outside the new mission office, which is in a church.  She came up to me and asked me in Spanish, is this your church.  I have just moved in and I am looking for a church to go to.  She and her daughter came to say good bye in our new mission office.  The missionaries were teaching them when we left.

President with his two Assistants, Elder Warren and Elder Riquelme.

White night baptism.  18 were baptized in this one stake this Saturday evening.


Peruvian Dancers

The food in Peru is delicious

Our last Multi Zone Meetings, 1st of 5.

2nd of 5

3rd of 5

This Zone wanted a silly picture, 4th of 5


and 5th of 5
Our last Multi Zone Meeting

Office Elders on the elevator

Our good friends the Hansen's.  The young boy in the picture lwe baptized during our first year in our mission.  He has now been called to serve a mission in Bolivia.  The Hansen's presented him with money from a donor to help him get ready to go.  We are standing in front of our missionary board.

This is so typical of the Peruvian streets, markets pop up everywhere.

We bought a beautiful watercolor painting from this artist.  I wanted a picture of him.

P Day  We were standing in front of a statue in Callao

Had to have this picture of the beach in Lima on a hot December day.  

We bought this pallet knife painting.   I loved it the minute I saw it.

Here is the beautiful Lima Temple.  It was just a little outside of our mission, but still so close that our missionaries got to go as a zone once every three months.   We really put a strong focus on the temple.  The missionaries goal was to get their converts to the temple.

Close to the Mission Home was an Olive Tree Park.  This is a picture of one of the trees hundreds of years old. 

This is our Farewell Day.  I had to put this picture in as a favorite memory

This is the day we were set apart.  I was set apart by Elder Richard J. Maynes, and  Alan was set apart by Elder D Todd Christofferson 

No comments:

Post a Comment